Welcome to ProCare Physical Therapy in Fort Lauderdale and Tamarac, FLorida
Procare Physical Therapy Center is a licensed team of professional Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Speech Therapists. We treat a wide variety of conditions and provide numerous therapies including post & pre-surgical, sports, orthopedic & geriatric physical therapy.
Michael Trathen, RPT
Michael’s path to becoming a Physical Therapist was paved through his experience in the US Military. Michael is a Veteran that served during the desert storm era. He was introduced to PT after himself being injured while serving in the military. It was while going through extensive rehabilitation for his injuries, that he developed a passion for this profession. After being discharged, Michael embarked on his path to becoming a PT.
I went to Procare Physical Therapy Fort Lauderdale, after a skiing accident. The quality of care that I received from Michael Trathen PT and his staff was outstanding. I even referred my own mother to this facility and she loved it! I have been referring patient to this facility for a while now and the feedback I get is fantastic!
I was treated with compassion, professionalism and all of the therapist had excellent knowledge of how to help my get back to a normal life. I wish all physical therapy clinics would exhibit the level of concern and care that they provide me.
You guys are wonderful, caring and thoughtful therapist! You always worked closely with me to make sure that I wasn’t doing things to hurt myself or doing something wrong. You made sure that I kept moving in order to prevent any blood clots from forming. Thank you Mike and team.
ProCare Fort Lauderdale Physical Therapy & Occupational Therapy
All of our Fort Lauderdale Physical Therapy offices provide a wide variety of training and education to our patients. Included in this are, the proper use of assertive devices, adaptive equipment, lifting techniques, and body mechanics. We can also fit orthotics and braces. Some of the therapeutic training that we utilize include the following:
- Therapeutic Exercises, Orthopedic & Neurological Training
- Strengthening Training, Stretching, Isometric, Restrictive, Isokentic, PNF, Plyometrics
- Manual Therapy, Joint Mobilization, Myofascial Release, Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Gait Training, Balance Training, Proprioceptive Training, Vestibular Training
- Lymphatic Drainage, Massage Therapy, Cranio-Sacral Techniques
- Spinal Stability & Pain Management Techniques (Strain, Sprain, Spasm, Pre and Post Surgical Rehabilitation)
- Neck and Back Pain Management Techniques (Pinch Nerve, Sciatic Pain, Disc Dysfunction)
- Spinal Traction: Cervical & Lumbar
- Electrical muscle stimulation (EMS), TENS, Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES)
- Ultrasound, Cold Laser Pain Relief Treatments
- Paraffin, Hot and Cold Therapy Treatments
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Nutrition Education
- CVA/Stroke Rehabilitation
- Pre-Surgical & Post-Surgical Physical Therapy / Rehabilitation